I got the idea to make these from the peanut butter candy my Mom made for my sister and I when we were kids. She would mix peanut butter, evaporated milk and honey. My sister and I shaped the “dough” into little sculptures then ate our creations.
I love almond butter and I used almond flour instead of evaporated milk to make it dairy free. Then I added all sorts of goodies. Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Honey to taste
- Combine almond butter, almond flour and chia seeds. Mix with hands.
- Combine rest of ingredients.
- Roll into balls and store in fridge.