I spent many years scribbling down recipes and filling many journals. It is so wonderful for me to be able to write my new recipes in a blog: to share them with others and for my personal records.
This recipe idea came from my friend Carol who taught me how to cook beans and made it seem so practical and easy. This is a recipe I threw together for dinner at the pool as it is light, filling and the longer it sits the better.
Oooh La La White Bean Salad
- Rinse and soak dry white beans overnight
- Cover in new water –a few inches above beans
- Add garlic, salt, and chopped onion
- Boil until beans are soft–adding water if necessary
- When beans are cooked and most water is absorbed–combine with olive oil, chopped tomato, more salt and fresh basil