This savory muffin recipe I came up with requires a black plantain for sweetness. If you would like them sweeter I suggest adding maple syrup. I used acorn squash but any kind will do.
- 3-4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cooked squash (more ok)
- 1 egg
- 1 chunk fresh peeled ginger
- 1 ripe plantain
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend.
- Divide into muffin cups and bake 400 degrees @ 30-40 minutes