Although it tastes like a treat and satiates a chocolate craving it is loaded with nutritious ingredients. It has the same light and creamy texture as traditional chocolate pudding though (prepare yourself) it is not nearly as sweet.
Mint leaves are delicious in this recipe and (ta da!) also aid in digestion. You can also add in fresh ginger or even cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
I used my beloved Nutribullet for this recipe though a food processor should work as well.
- One avocado (or 1/2 large)
- 1 cup almond milk (add more or less for the right consistency)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh mint leaves
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- Combine all ingredients and blend
Looking for another healthy desert? Check out my Easy Apple Crumble which is gluten/dairy & sugar free.