My daughter wanted to start a “mug-fin” club right after having one and my husband (man of few words) reported that they were good and “tasted like a muffin”. Success!
My daughter loves them with chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life which are dairy and soy free). I like a “mug-fin” with blueberries and walnuts. They can also be made with coconut flour–just use two tablespoons instead of three.
Enjoy this healthy treat!
- Three tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Tablespoon (or less) maple syrup
- 1/2 banana
- Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Chocolate chips, walnuts or blueberries
- Smash banana and coconut oil with back of a fork until combined
- Add in almond flour, baking powder, salt, spices and maple syrup
- Stir in egg
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts
- Bake in ramekin 25 minutes @375
Wishing You a Happy & Healthy 2014!-Julie