Here are a few recipes I have been making lately:
- Farm Box Summer Soup
- Easiest Ever Fish Recipe
- Mini Meatballs and Salad
- Roasted and Fruity Chicken over Onions
Farm Box Summer Soup
I have been making this every week when I pick up my farm box varying the vegetables with the potato/onion base. It is incredibly tasty, creamy and light.
- Chop and peel potatoes. Combine with chopped onion and garlic.
- Cover with water and sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Cook until soft then puree with stick blender.
- Add any raw vegetables and turn off heat. I love the combination of corn and zucchini.
Easiest Ever Fish Recipe
I was always mystified/annoyed by cooking fish until I discovered this baking method.
- Spread olive oil over red snapper or cod (on baking sheet).
- Sprinkle with salt and dill.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven about 12 minutes.
- Serve with roasted vegetables.
Mini Meatballs and Salad
This recipe is inspired my my dear friend Miryum whose meatballs and rice right before Shabbat are my favorite comfort food.
- Grate onion into organic, grass fed beef. Add salt and lightly mix.
- Form into small meatballs and bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil until cooked through.
- Serve with salad.
Roasted and Fruity Chicken over Onions
I wanted to find a good use for all the onions from my farm box. The onions did a wonderful job flavoring the chicken while also serving as a edible roasting rack.
- Make a marinade of fresh peaches, honey, marmalade, smoked paprika and fresh grated garlic or ginger.
- Lay large slices of onion in pan. Put chicken pieces on top.
- Spread marinade over chicken.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven.
- I did have to cover at some point because the marinade was getting charred. When too much liquid collected in pan I poured it out. Cooking time will vary depending on amount of chicken.
Happy Summer and Enjoy!-Julie