The highlight of my Sunday morning is reading the “Meh List” in the New York Times magazine. The meh list is a weekly compilation of things, people and places that are neither here nor there–just so so. I have been trying to come up with an item I can submit and on my list of possibilities was kale chips. Well I recently made them and and as it turns out not only are they not “meh” they have some sort of mystical quality. They were so good that I barely remember eating them!
- One bunch kale leaves, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Olive oil
- Red Pepper
- Preheat oven to 300
- The best way to get crisp kale chips is to make sure they are completely dry. After I ran the kale pieces through a salad spinner I laid them out on a kitchen towel and rolled them up.
- Combine all ingredients, except salt, in a plastic bag and shake.
- Lay across a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until crisp @ 20-25 minutes.