Perhaps I should mind my own business: but I would love to see more people eating vegetables for a main course. Everyone knows it is important to eat a lot of vegetables–the issue is learning how to prepare them in a way that feels satisfying. I made this for dinner tonight and it was very tasty–I’m still stuffed!
Hearty Vegetables Over Green Beans
- Green and yellow summer squash, thickly sliced
- Green beans
- Crushed garlic
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Lasagna Sauce (recipe below)
- Saute green beans in olive oil, salt and a little water for a few minutes–set aside
- Saute rest of ingredients-leave some basil aside
- Cook over low heat until squash is fork tender
- Serve over green beans with fresh cut basil on top
Layer tomato sauce, slices of summer squash, pesto, goat cheese, basil and sliced tomato. Top with olive oil and a dash of salt. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
I hope this recipe inspires your wild and crazy vegetable adventures!-Julie