This very easy recipe is packed with protein. The beef addition adds an iron boost that a lot of us with gluten sensitivities need.
- 1 cup dry cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 1/2 half pound ground beef
- Sprig rosemary
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
To prepare beans: Boil beans with a few cups of water and rosemary for two minutes. Cover and let sit for an hour. Drain and rinse. Remove rosemary.
- Saute onions until soft with a little salt
- Break up beef over onions
- Add rest of ingredients (except cheese)
- Cook on stovetop over low heat adding water as needed–about 1 1/2 hours.
- Top with grated cheese.